Monday, January 9, 2006

Inspirational Friends

Bumped up: Congratulations on the profile in the Chronicle, Steve!

Since this is a fresh blog start for me, the first thing I want to do is talk about some truly inspirational people I know. People who encourage me to look beyond my small world and personal failings and remind me that it's always possible to become a better person.

My friend Steve Bezner is one of these people. I worked with Steve years ago at a software company, and I'm working with him again now. Steve has always been admirably intelligent and hardworking, and while those qualities in themselves can be inspirational; that's not why I want to write about him now. What I want to write about now is this amazing thing Steve has done.

And what amazing thing has Steve done? He's lost something like 140 pounds in about a year. And if that weren't amazing enough, Steve is on track to complete the Houston Marathon in 3:40!

Most people I know (me included) would love to lose some weight, but marathons? I can't even imagine it. And at a really fast time to boot. Steve's progress has been just brilliant -- and the Houston Chronicle thinks so too. They're going be running a profile on him in the Monday edition, so be sure to check it out. And if you're like me and you find yourself needing some inspiration, then check out Steve's blog. He's accepting pledges on behalf of the Lance Armstrong foundation, so I'm sure he'd be pleased for some extra sponsors.

1 comment:

Steve Bezner said...

Thank you for the very kind words. It's great to have a network of friends like yourself to share some the triumphs.

Steve
RunSteve.Com