Thursday, January 4, 2007

Again From the Top

Having no electricity on the first work day of the new year put me into a seriously cranky mood, but I'm determined to make this a good year, so I'm going to take it again from the top.

First, I'll start with a photo of the Viva Las Vegas Christmas tree just before we tore into that huge mountain of presents.


Funnily enough, we didn't take any photos of each other (probably because we, or at least I, looked like crap). We did, however, take quite a few of our surrogate 'children' with the silly stuffed animal toys I got them. It may be silly, but nothing compares to the gratification I feel when I get toys for my dogs -- they NEVER ask for a receipt so they can take them back to the store!




Playing with all those toys was exhausting, so someone decided to settle down in a box.



That didn't work, so he retired to the sofa to watch It's a Wonderful Life.



The next photo shows the fabulous bookcases DH built for my new office.



And this one shows my new chandelier (Light! Yes!).



All in all, we thought it was a very nice Christmas, in spite of being far from home and missing our families. And since I'm thinking of Christmas, here are a few shots from a Christmas past -- 2002. That was a sad Christmas because my grandfather was dying, yet I got a Christmas present that year that was a lone bright spot.



Best. Present. Ever.


Finally, here is a video of the silly, happy, 1960s song I am listening to today.



This time, I really mean it!

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Tess said...

Great pics of the puppies. What did your kitty get? Ours love stuffies as well *g*.

Great bookcases, btw. Sean hopes to do that for me at some point in my new office, but right now I'll just settle for the house - LOL!

Doubtful Muse said...

Kitty got fuzzy mice on elastic strings -- I tied them to doorknobs and chairs all over the house. She's played with them a lot, but every time I come near her with a camera, she vanishes!

Gillian said...

Kitty is developing good sense - I run at the sight of a camera too.

Did either of the dogs actually get into the basket with the stuffed toys?

And *why* that song?

Doubtful Muse said...

Per Gillian's question:

"And *why* that song?"

Well...

1. I woke up with that song in my head several days ago, therefore, it's been 'the song of the day' ever since. To make it go away, I had to listen to it.

2. I think the video is adorable.

3. Cos.

So there. ;P