Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Winning Streak

My husband and I met exactly twenty years ago today -- February 13th; the day before Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day fell on a Saturday that year, which obviously means that we met on Friday the 13th.

It's made for some great jokes over the years, and alas, massive family protests that made us back off our original idea of getting married on another Friday the 13th, but jokes aside, that really was my lucky day.

No really -- and I've had a lot of time to think about it. If I could only have won one thing in life, it's hard to believe there could have been a better prize than the one I got.

XXXOOO





2 comments:

Gillian said...

Happy Meeting anniversary!

Tess said...

What a lovely story :-) And a great way to dispel the myth surrounding Friday the 13th!

Sean and I celebrate the anniversary of our first date on Friday :-)