Thursday, April 19, 2007

Good News & I Did NOT Make This Up!

From Reuters:


WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A fruity cocktail may not only be fun to drink but may count as health food, U.S. and Thai researchers said on Thursday.

Adding ethanol -- the type of alcohol found in rum, vodka, tequila and other spirits -- boosted the antioxidant nutrients in strawberries and blackberries, the researchers found.

Any colored fruit might be made even more healthful with the addition of a splash of alcohol, they report in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture.

1 comment:

Samara Leigh said...

Sweet! I only drink super froo-froo drinks, with the exception of my beloved Mojitos. Since I am usually far too cheap to buy them when I am out, I have to break out the drink book and make them at home. This means, of course, that I don't have my froo-froo drinks to often.

Now I'm thinking I could use an extra daiquiri here or there. Not because I want it... I'll be drinking to my health. :-)