Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Finally, A Little Good News: DashBook

After all my disgust and ranting about Amazon, it's nice to see something happen that's good news for small publishers. DashBook Version 1 is available!

I've seen it, and (disclosure) I've worked on it, and I think it's going to be the key to changing my business enough to deal with Amazon's shenanigans. Heck, I may even go back to running my own bookstore, which I used to do until messing with ridiculous spreadsheets drove me bananas.

If you're interested, you can read about it here:

And you can see it in action here: www.dashbook.com

3 comments:

Tess said...

Looks cool :) Glad you've found something positive.

And, FWIW, I don't buy from Amazon. Ok, I'm only one little person who loves HF, but I've taken a stand against them. And Hershey, but that's another story and probably hurts me more than them, but hey - "Here I have my standards and here I draw the line." (a quote from Susan Howatch's masterpiece The Wheel of Fortune)

Doubtful Muse said...

I know what you mean about "the line", Tess. Me too.

Anonymous said...

So I'm just learning about DashBook, which looks very interesting (versatility, affordability, interface). But I'm a small publisher on a Mac platform, doing our creative and business work on iMacs OS X. Does anyone know of Mac-based publishing software solutions?
-- Gregg in Baltimore
gawilhelm@loyola.edu