Thursday, June 12, 2008

Two Good Things

The sun came out today. That was one good thing. The other good thing was totally unexpected, and totally due to Auntie. The blog entry I wrote last summer about the snake in my mother's kitchen, won second place in one of the contests at the Arkansas Writers' Conference!

I took it down since the rules of the contest required that it be "unpublished' and, technically, having it on the web could be interpreted as being published, so I'm not linking to it now. When I remember what I did with it after taking it down, I'll put it back up and link to it then, but in the meantime, I'm chuffed. Particularly, since I only wrote the thing for my own amusement.

Good things are supposed to come in threes, so I wonder what the other one will be...

3 comments:

Tess said...

Mega congrats!!! And I'm not surprised it won - it was a great story :) :) Good on Auntie.

Let's hope # 3 comes soon.

Hope you're feeling better.

gillpolack said...

Yay!! (I love that story.)

Sydney is busy and happy, but not nearly as warm as it was supposed to be. Maybe you took my sunshine?

Taminator said...

Congrats! I remember that post and I loved it. Well deserved!